Information structure & discourse structure
Common Ground & sentence understanding
Morphosyntactic complexity & its development
Argument structure & linking
Lexical semantics, frame semantics, lexical decomposition
Tagalog (Austronesian languages), Japanese, French, Hungarian, Lakota, Tigrinya, Korean
- ‘Causation in Discourse and Cognition’, Workshop at the International Cognitive Linguistics Conference 15, 6-11 August 2019, Nishinomiya, Japan (organized with Kazuhiro Kawachi and Jürgen Bohnemeyer). WEBSITE
- ‘Causational Interpretation based on Immediate and General Common Ground Frames.’ (with R.D. Van Valin, Jr.) Paper to be read at the International Cognitive Linguistics Conference 15, 10. August 2019, Nishinomiya, Japan.
- ‘Discourse-pragmatic and other prominence factors in argument realization.’ (with R.D. Van Valin, Jr.) Conference paper to be read at the 16th International Pragmatics Conference, 9-14 June 2019, Hongkong.
- ‘Summer School ‘Fieldwork and Annotation’ (co-organized with J. Fleischhauer), 16-27 September 2019, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Information Structure in Spoken Language Corpora 4: The role of discourse type and and rhetorical relations , August 2020 , Düsseldorf, Germany.