I am a linguist. As a postdoc researcher, I have been part of the DFG Collaborative Research Cluster (CRC) 991 „The Structure of Representations in Language, Cognition, and Science“ and the preceding DFG Research Unit FOR 600 „Functional concepts and frames“.
I am also experienced in science management: For more than five years, I have been the scientific coordinator of CRC 991.
My main research areas are:
- The lexicon and grammar of German, Korean and Japanese
- Lexical semantics, in particular of verbs
- Interaction between cognition, conceptual structure and semantic form
- Lexical decomposition and frame representation
- Argument structure and linking, typologically and theoretically
- Complex predicates (light verb constructions/Funktionsverbgefüge, V-V compounds and serial verb constructions, control verb constructions, particle/prefix verbs)