I am a senior researcher at the Department of Computational Linguistics at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf. Currently, I am affiliated with the TreeGraSP project led by Laura Kallmeyer, which is funded by an ERC Consolidator Grant. Until 06/2019, I was part of Project B01 ‘Verb frames at the syntax-semantics interface’ within the Collaborative Research Center (Sonderforschungsbereich) 991 ‘The Structure of Representations in Language, Cognition, and Science’, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- Lexical semantics (empirical foundation, formal representation, cross-linguistic variation)
- Syntax-semantics interface (esp. of multi-predicate constructions across languages)
- Frame semantics (formal foundation, modeling of verb meaning, composition)
- Grammar formalisms (Role and Reference Grammar, Tree Adjoining Grammars)
- Natural language annotation (esp. of deep syntactic and semantic information)
- Computational semantics
- Computational lexicography